Monday, September 1, 2008

Albion Basin Hike





A few Saturdays back, Michael and I finally got up into the beautiful mountains for an afternoon hike. The original plan was an easy 1-mile trek to Cecret Lake. But after talking to an Alta local, we selected the longer hike. With picnic lunch, sunscreen and hydration pack in tow - we headed up a fairly steep dry bed in search of the service road. Throughout the 2-mile hike to Twin Lakes, I really felt like I was slowing Mountain-Goat-Mike down. I couldn't believe how breathless I was; how pathetic I must have looked. But the views and the company was absolutely worth it. I'd like to do it again before the summer ends.
P.S. After returning to the car, we looked closely at the trail map and realized that we had made a 2700 foot climb in 2-miles. Who's pathetic now?! 

No comments: